|Property and Casualty Training Specialist
|Director of HR Solutions
About OIA: Ohio Insurance Agents (OIA) is the premier trade association for Independent Insurance Agents in Ohio. Our mission is to help promote, protect, and progress the independent agent industry into the future. OIA serves our members in four key areas: advocacy, professional development, business solutions, and industry thought leadership. We represent approximately 1000 independent agencies across Ohio.
Position Overview: This role will help lead the development, implementation, and facilitation of a new pre-licensing program for OIA. The program will be an avenue to recruit and hire new talent into the independent insurance industry by supporting them through the licensing process and helping produce job ready candidates for agencies to hire. The program will also be a service to member agencies to help train and license new employees. Once the program is established this role could continue to grow/expand by developing and facilitating additional training programs for member agencies.
Position Mission: Drive the development and execution of OIA’s new pre-licensing program to bring new talent into the industry and help train new employees for member agencies.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in training, Instructional Design, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Education, or equivalent experience training (3-5 years) in the Property and Casualty Industry.
The ideal candidate will have experience in both Personal and Commercial lines to bring real world application to prepare students to pass the licensing exam and be successful in an independent agency.
Preferred Certificates, Licenses & Registrations: Candidates must have an active Ohio P&C License to teach a pre-licensing course. Professional Designation preferred – CISR, CIC, CPCU, CRM or other insurance designations.
Mission-Critical Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and facilitate a P&C pre-licensing course for OIA.
- Conduct a needs assessment by visiting member agencies to determine training needs and objectives to help new employees be successful.
- Use good instructional design and adult learning theory to develop a training course that will increase the likelihood participants will pass the exam.
- Train participants on customer service basics, cross-sell/up-sell and other topics that will help them be successful in an agency setting.
- Teach participants methodology for understanding and researching policies to help resolve customer questions.
- Learn agency management software basics to prepare participants.
- Design learning solutions in multiple modalities including, but not limited to, web-based training, virtual instructor-led training, video-based training, and live in-person instructor-led training.
- Research new content and interview subject matter experts to assess and validate training content and instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, teams, and subject matter experts to drive effective learning design.
- Maintain/update training materials, records, and checklists.
- Collaborate with Director of HR Solutions, Professional Development Team, and other departments to surface training needs and opportunities.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Needs Assessment, Instructional Design, eLearning Design
- Ability to effectively present material and information on-site and virtually
- Ability to provide coaching and support to help class participants prepare for and pass the property and casualty licensing exam
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills. Ability to plan and execute to meet both long and short-term goals
- Problem solving – Ability to think creatively, adapt and solve practical problems as they may arise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with team members
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to assist others
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Teams, Zoom, and LMS systems
- Ability to learn and use other necessary technology applications/software
Core Values and Conduct: Every member of OIA expects our staff to embrace and act in good faith to demonstrate: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, and Commitment. We expect of ourselves and our coworkers to contribute to our top Critical Cultural Outcomes by acknowledging them, and working toward them, every day: