|Reports to:||Director of Business Planning and Valuations|
Position Overview: This role will support the OIA’s valuation, business, perpetuation and transition planning services for independent insurance agencies. The Business Planning and Valuation Analyst will play an active role in creating valuations and business plans to help independent insurance agencies plan for growth and transition their businesses.
Position Mission: Drive the execution of OIA’s perpetuation, valuation, and overall business planning consulting services to help promote, protect, and progress independent agents into the future. Provides support and/or guidance in all phases of an agency’s perpetuation process from valuation to business planning to additional post-sale consulting options. Build meaningful relationships with necessary 3rd parties to fully execute on an agent’s needs at each step in the process. Helps to identify and communicate thoughtful insights and provide input to the agency and any other business stakeholder(s). Committed to learning, development, skill maintenance, and personal improvement.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field required. 3-5 years valuation and business planning experience preferred.
Preferred Certificates, Licenses & Registrations: Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), Accredited Valuation Analyst (AVA), Certified Business Appraiser (CBA), or other related designations/certifications are preferred. Candidates will be expected to attain a valuation designation within 12 – 24 months of working in the role.
Mission-Critical Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes the OIA business planning and valuation consulting services for independent insurance agencies.
- Gather and enter data, interact with clients, and prepare written valuation reports based on financial statements, contracts, operational reports, agency interviews, and all other financial/data resources as needed.
- Works directly with our data and/or technical experts to develop and enhance required software/reporting systems to complete valuations, business planning, compensation designs, etc. in an organized and efficient manner.
- Collaborates with our internal teams to effectively communicate, market, and grow the business.
- Analyzes valuation data and identifies trends in our services and marketplace to share with clients and the independent agency system.
- Creates content, writes articles, prepares and delivers presentations on valuations and business planning for independent insurance agencies.
- Able to build strong relationships and trust with insurance agency principals to earn their trust.
- Have a strong desire to learn about the business model of independent insurance agencies.
- Knowledge of different types of ownership transfer mechanisms and relevant financial modeling.
- Plans and manages execution of own work, participates in planning, and delivers on commitments.
- Identifies additional opportunities to increase conversion, save costs, drive revenue.
- Applies appropriate quantitative and financial techniques/methods to help solve business problems
- Demonstrates values and business principals consistent with the company’s Mission.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees in terms of facilitating training sessions or webinars within field of experience.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in various situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Ability to quickly learn and use other necessary technology applications/software.
- Creative problem solver, excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
Core Values and Conduct: We expect every member of OIA to embrace and demonstrate our guiding principles that define who we are:
- Collaborative – We listen before we speak. Understanding is the foundation of all our partnerships
- Trustworthy – We say what we mean and mean what we say. Above all, we always have our members’ and consumers’ best interests in mind
- Passionate – We live our beliefs out loud. Our actions are driven by what we believe
- Innovative – We embrace change. We ask new questions and seek new answers – for our membership and ourselves
And we believe in Our Mission: PROMOTE, PROGRESS, AND PROTECT the professional advice and guidance only independent insurance agents provide.
Physical Activities and Environment: The following physical activities described are a representation of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; frequently required to sit; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands or arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.