|Reports to:||Chief Executive Officer|
Identify Independent Agent needs and value expectations in order to:
- Develop and implement holistic human resources solutions and strategies for OIA to support independent agents’ internal operations and talent management needs.
- Lead initiatives to promote the value of independent agents to prospective employees, colleges, universities and other recruitment centers.
- Member of the Business Line Owners team for planning and decision making (including developing and implementing organization’s strategic plans and initiatives).
- Lead strategy development and implementation for OIA’s human resources solutions offerings.
- Manage performance goals and objectives of human resources solutions.
- Advise marketing team on segmented and targeted campaigns that drive product line growth and retention, particularly among targeted prospect groups.
- Develop and deliver content on human resources in the form of blog articles, thought leadership articles, agency guides, webinars and education courses.
- Lead reporting and analysis of research and communication on human resources solutions and needs for the independent agent community.
- Conduct client & market research to identify trends and opportunities for existing and potential new programs and services.
- Evaluate and report ROI of all human resources programs on sales results, product growth and retention
- Identify and develop human resources technology infrastructure in collaboration with IT, sales and other functions as needed.
- Lead human resources, hiring, recruitment and talent management, and provide strategic counsel to business line owners and report key performance metrics for priority business lines
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned
Education and Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related business field from an accredited university
- 5 – 10 years of experience in a human resources or strategic business position leading the human resources strategy and execution of successful lines of business
- Strong understanding of market and business dynamics in a small business environment. Knowledge of the independent agency system is preferred.
- Proven ability to create successful programs and services that meet business objectives
- Insurance industry experience preferred
Mission-Critical Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze independent agency system needs in human resources and talent management
- Appraise opportunities for new products/services: viability and value proposition
- Engage and network with human resources solution providers, independent agent state associations and human resources trade associations
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to read, analyze and understand general business/company related articles and professional journals
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Advanced knowledge and utilization of Adobe Creative Suite programs, Microsoft Office programs, Salesforce, and related technology platforms.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Core Values and Conduct: Every member of OIA expects our staff to embrace and act in good faith to demonstrate: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, and Commitment. We expect of ourselves and our coworkers to contribute to our top Critical Cultural Outcomes by acknowledging them, and working toward them, every day:
- Commitment to Overall Goals of the Organization
- Shared Purpose
- High Trust Environment
- Honest-Direct-Respectful Communication
- Consistency of Management
Physical Activities and Environment: The following physical activities described are representation of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; frequently required to sit; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands or arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.