|Job Title:||Account Manager|
|Reports to:||Director of Agency Services|
Position Mission: Act as OIA’s main contact and renewal expert regarding E&O policies. Maintain a systemic renewal process that ensures maximum retention of E&O Policies while protecting OIA from any liability exposure.
Education and Experience: Broad knowledge of advanced accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. A four-year degree, plus two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Certificates, Licenses & Registrations: Property & Casualty issued by the Ohio Department of Insurance and non-resident license in Indiana.
Mission-Critical Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete effective retention and renewal process each month.
- Sell additional limits and coverage to existing accounts along with cyber, EPL, Umbrella standalone to round out accounts.
- Develop and strengthen the relationship between OIA and agents as well as OIA and carriers.
- Receive all renewal apps, review, and forward to carriers.
- Receive all renewal quotes from carriers and forward them to agencies.
- Receive all renewal acceptances from agencies.
- Forward requests to bind renewals to carriers.
- Collect agency bill premium payments and handoff to be processed
- Receive all binders from carriers (besides Westport) and send them to agencies
- Receive all policies from carriers (besides Westport) and send them to agencies
- Process all E&O mail if admin is unable to handle it.
- Process all E&O Policy endorsements from carriers.
- Process all E&O Renewal change requests from agencies.
- Process all Conditional Renewals from carriers.
- Process all Certificates of Insurance request
- Process and underwriter all Westport applications.
- Provide sales support functions regarding E&O.
- Update Veruna with policy information
- Stay current with industry activity and trends.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- If the renewal app is not received within 45 days, call, do a mini E&O checklist (for Westport)
- Call insured if renewal acceptance is not received within 15 days of the renewal date.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to read, analyze and understand general business/company-related articles and professional journals
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, rations, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Core Values and Conduct: Every member of OIA expects our staff to embrace and act in good faith to demonstrate: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, and Commitment. We expect ourselves and our coworkers to contribute to our top Critical Cultural Outcomes by acknowledging them, and working toward them, every day:
- Commitment to Overall Goals of the Organization
- Shared Purpose
- High Trust Environment
- Honest-Direct-Respectful Communication
- Consistency of Management
Physical Activities and Environment: The following physical activities described are representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; frequently required to sit; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands or arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.