|Chief Operating Officer
The Marketing Coordinator holds responsibility for assisting the organization’s marketing activities and helps direct the review and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy for the business. This role will assist the OIA team with managing marketing campaigns, website administration, content execution and syndication, execution across all marketing channels, including social media platforms, website, email marketing, blog articles, print all adhering to the OIA brand standards. This role will focus on strengthening the company’s market presence and help it find a “voice” that will make a difference in the Independent Agency Channel.
Marketing Responsibilities include:
- Assist in developing marketing collateral including business cards, letterhead, brochures and one-pagers that are all on-brand and in a consistent format
- Learn how to make changes on the OIA website, process management for regular updates and track metrics to report to respective parties
- Execute on the OIA content strategy to tie all content together, across all channels
- Manage OIA digital assets including logos, digital collateral, vector files, etc.
- Become familiar with creative development platforms including Adobe creative suite and other online platforms
- Manage workflows for content management and execution including automated tools and internal processes
- Maintain annual content calendar that includes the appropriate lead times for events and time-sensitive marketing campaigns
- Learn how to use Pardot, and the automated workflows that can be created
- Collaborate with the events team to coordinate marketing event kits that include event collateral and giveaways
- Assist in executing the OIA social media strategy that includes executing meaningful connections with our members and prospects and report on the return at monthly staff meetings
Education and Experience: Four-year college degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business or another related field. Must have excellent writing skills, with the ability to interview, research, and converse with sources to understand and write about various business topics. Basic graphic design skills are a plus.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to read, analyze and understand general business/company related articles and professional journals
- Must have working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn) to create and distribute content
- Ability to speak effectively and confidently before groups internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge and utilization of Adobe Creative Suite programs, Microsoft Office programs, Salesforce, Pardot marketing automation tools (email and social marketing systems), and related technology platforms
- Ability to support marketplace research efforts. Ability to gather research and prepare surveys with leading software programs – Surveymonkey, Google Forms, etc.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Organized, detail-oriented, professional demeanor
- Ability to manage multiple products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Pro-active, ambitious
- Inquisitive – has a desire to learn and investigate, enjoys research
- Enjoys working closely with a team
Core Values and Conduct: Every member of OIA expects our staff to embrace and act in good faith to demonstrate: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, and Commitment. We expect of ourselves and our coworkers to contribute to our top Critical Cultural Outcomes by acknowledging them, and working toward them, every day:
Physical Activities and Environment:
While performing the functions of this job, the work involves remaining in a stationary position most of the time in front of a computer, using a keyboard, mouse, and telephone (integrated into OIA’s computer system). Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment. Occasionally move about the work site to access other office equipment. The employee will need to continuously communicate or exchange information with co-workers and other individuals both in-person, video conferencing, and electronically.