|Job Title:||Marketing Coordinator|
|Reports to:||Marketing Manager|
Position Mission: Provide the Marketing team with support in all facets of our mission critical objectives. Assists the marketing team with managing campaign programming, website administration, content creation and syndication, and execution across all communication channels, including social media platforms, website, email marketing, blog articles, print, etc.; while adhering to all brand standards. Provide support with interviewing, production, and publishing articles of members, program users, OIA Staff, and business partners.
Education and Experience: Four-year college degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business or other related field. Must have excellent writing skills, with the ability to interview, research, and converse with sources to understand and write about various business topics. Basic graphic design skills are a plus. Background in insurance preferred but not required.
Required Certificates, Licenses and Registrations: Property & Casualty license preferred but not required.
Mission-Critical Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in creating content including product, program, event, blog articles, e-newsletters, and other related content and communications
- Assist in making changes to the website using WordPress
- Research and stay current on insurance industry trends, specifically those related to independent agents
- Assists in interviewing key stakeholders for videos, product testimonials, feature articles and other content creation
- Write compelling content, manage copy, and assist in management of all marketing campaigns
- Assist in demand generation activity including identifying target audience, assisting in data list pulls, and executing marketing campaigns
- Manage social selling content and calendar
- Maintain content that is accurate and timely in support of sales efforts
- Lead initiatives to promote the value of independent agents to consumers, insurance carriers, government, and other stakeholders.
- Manage the design and development of evergreen marketing materials that can be leveraged by our Independent Agents.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned
- Organized, detail-oriented, professional demeanor
- Ability to manage multiple products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Pro-active, ambitious
- Inquisitive – has a desire to learn and investigate, enjoys research
- Enjoys working closely with a team
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) to create and distribute content
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to learn technology programs – Salesforce, Pardot, WordPress or other like-platforms as needed
- Ability to support marketplace research efforts. Ability to gather research and prepare surveys with leading software programs – SimpleSurvey, Surveymonkey, Google Forms, or other like-platforms as needed
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a wide variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram formats
Core Values and Conduct:
Every member of OIA expects our staff to embrace and act in good faith to demonstrate: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, and Commitment. We expect of ourselves and our coworkers to contribute to our top Critical Cultural Outcomes by acknowledging them, and working toward them, every day:
Physical Activities and Environment:
While performing the functions of this job, the work involves remaining in a stationary position most of the time in front of a computer, using a keyboard, mouse, and telephone (integrated into OIA’s computer system). Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment. Occasionally move about the work site to access other office equipment. The employee will need to continuously communicate or exchange information with co-workers and other individuals both in-person, video conferencing, and electronically.