|E&O Account Executive
|Director of Agency Services
Position Overview: This role will support the OIA’s agency services team by helping independent agencies with insurance needed for their business. The E&O Account Executive will play an active role in helping to maintain and grow the agency services book of business by soliciting new business leads and working on their assigned renewal book of business.
Position Mission: Act as OIA’s main contact for new business and renewal expert regarding E&O policies. Maintain a systemic renewal process that ensures maximum retention of E&O Policies while protecting OIA from any liability exposure.
Education and Experience: Broad knowledge of risk management, insurance, professional liability, business administration, finance, etc. A four-year degree, plus two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Required Certificates, Licenses & Registrations: Property & Casualty issued by the Ohio Department of Insurance required and non-resident license in Indiana required within 60 days of start date.
Mission-Critical Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Outbound solicitation to E&O Prospects in OH and IN.
- Manage renewal book of Agency Services products by retaining 95% of your assigned book of business.
- Soliciting new business for Agency Services products by completing phone calls, emails, working with marketing coordinators on new business campaigns and attending OIA events to promote Agency Services products.
- Expectations are following up for new business and renewal applications, verifying information with agents on renewal submissions, communicating with carriers regarding renewal quotes, presenting renewal quotes to insureds, following up for bind orders and verifying policy is issued correctly.
- Sell additional limits and coverage to existing accounts along with cyber, EPLI, Umbrella standalone to round out accounts.
- Learn and follow all policies and procedures for E&O, cyber, EPLI, Umbrella and other agency coverages.
- Develop and strengthen the relationship between OIA, our clients, agents and carriers.
- Collect agency bill premium payments and hand off to be processed.
- Process all renewal change requests from agencies, Conditional Renewals from carriers, E&O Policy endorsements from carriers, E&O mail if admin is unable to handle and Certificates of Insurance request.
- Advise team on Renewal, New Business and Rewriting processes and useful tools, including correspondence wording.
- Advise team on coverages and coverage reviews.
- Train or facilitate training and updating of processes with/for team members.
- Educate OIA staff on insurance products and department processes.
- Mentor teammates insurance products and current industry activity and trends.
- Update Veruna with policy information.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to read, analyze and understand general business/company related articles and professional journals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, rations and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Core Values and Conduct: Every member of OIA expects our staff to embrace and act in good faith to demonstrate: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, and Commitment. We expect of ourselves and our coworkers to contribute to our top Critical Cultural Outcomes by acknowledging them, and working toward them, every day:
Physical Activities and Environment: The following physical activities described are representation of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; frequently required to sit; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands or arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.