Last week, Ohio agent leaders took the message of the value of independent agents to DC at the Big I Legislative Conference.
OIA Members spent time on Capitol Hill advocating before members of Congress and their staff on pressing issues that directly impact the independent agency system.
Our priority issues included the following:
- Maintaining the 20% small business tax deduction;
- Extending and reforming the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP);
- Protecting the Federal Crop Insurance Program (FCIP);
- Preserving Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance;
- Defend State Regulation of Data Security for Insurance Consumers.
Special thanks to the following agents for representing your colleagues and profession in DC – Brent Phelan, Nick Roach, Rick Jackson, Diane Keil-Hipp, Nicole Roe, Shawn Juris, Craig Hassinger, Matt Simon, Andy Stephey, Sam Palm and Vic Wolfe. Also, a special thank you for Westfield Insurance for sponsoring scholarships for agents to attend the conference and for hosting OIA members for a reception and dinner at the conference.